Iodoquinol (By mouth)
Treats an intestinal infection called amebiasis.
YodoxinThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use it if you had an allergic reaction to iodoquinol or iodine, or if you have liver disease.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Take your medicine as directed. This medicine is usually given for 20 days. It is not for long-term use.
- Take all of the medicine in your prescription to clear up your infection, even if you feel better after the first few doses.
- Always take this medicine after a meal.
- Missed dose: If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have thyroid disease.
- Tell any doctor or dentist who treats you that you are using this medicine. This medicine may affect certain medical test results.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Blurred vision, eye swelling or pain, red or watery eyes
- Numbness, tingling, or burning pain in your hands, arms, legs, or feet
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Headache, fever, chills
- Mild skin rash, itching, or redness
- Vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088Last Updated:
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Copyright © 1984-
Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.