(HealthDay News) -- Nausea among people with cancer may have causes from bacteria in food to chemotherapy, says the American Cancer Society.
To help manage nausea, people with cancer can:
- Slowly drink clear, cold liquids.
- Suck on hard candy with pleasant smells.
- Avoid fatty, fried, spicy or very sweet foods.
- Raise calories with butter, oils and syrups.
- Distract themselves with music, television or the company of others.
- Take anti-nausea medicine when the first symptoms emerge.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.