(HealthDay News) -- About half of adults have bad breath at some point, says the American Dental Association.
Medically called halitosis, it is frequently caused by eating certain potent foods, smoking or dry mouth.
To help get rid of bad breath, the ADA suggests:
- Brush twice a day. Floss daily.
- Use a toothbrush or scraper to clean your tongue.
- Use mouthwash when needed.
- Keep saliva flowing with chewy foods.
- Clean dentures regularly.
- Quit smoking.
- Make regular dental visits.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.