(HealthDay News) -- Cannabidiol, commonly known as CBD oil, is a chemical in marijuana.
It's increasingly popular among people looking for muscle relaxation and anxiety reduction. But researchers still have a lot to learn about the substance.
MedlinePlus reminds consumers that:
- There is insufficient evidence on CBD's effectiveness for most conditions.
- Some medications cannot be taken with CBD.
- Side effects range from dry mouth to drowsiness.
- CBD is not the psychoactive component of marijuana.
- Proper dosages have yet to be defined.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.